Welcome to Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Workout Series, where the focus will be purely on body weight cardio!
The workout will consist of 9 exercises and 6 rounds. Round 1 will be performing all exercises for 20 seconds. Round 2 will be 30 seconds, and Round 3 will be 40 seconds. Round 4 you will reverse back through starting at 40 seconds again and continue the final two with 30 seconds and then 20 seconds again.
The exercises in this workout are as follows:
- Lunge, Squat Lunge – This one is pretty basic as you transition through a front lunge, squat, back to a front lunge.
- High Knees – Standing straight up bring one knee waist high at a quick pace alternate between your knees.
- Broad Jump with Run Back – Standing feet width apart jump as far in front of you as possible and shuffle back to your starting spot.
- Plank to Knee Tap – On your hands in a plank position, bring one knee to the opposite arm and tap your knee and repeat.
- 180 Jump Squats – Start in a squat position and come out of it exploding into a jump and doing a 180 twist so you are facing the opposite direction.
- Butt Kicks – Standing straight up bring one foot back to kick your butt at a fast pace.
- Runner Skip – Down in a low sprinting position, and then explode up driving your back leg forward and bring your knee to your waist level as you jump on one leg.
- Wide Mountain Climbers – Back on your hands in a plank position, this is like a normal mountain climber except you are bringing your legs out wide on your sides.
- Ski Abs – Staying on your hands with your legs together, perform a hop to bring both of your legs to your side as close to your hands as you can. Return to center a repeat on the other side!
Rest as needed! Enjoy!