Today is Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Workout Series! Can you believe that Christmas is only in FIVE days?
We are doing lots of hosting this coming weekend and have been busy cleaning the house, getting the groceries, and overall preparing! I am a lover of hosting, and I am so excited for what the weekend is to bring!
Today’s workout with be focused on the lower body and will be Tabata style with 8 exercises. If you are not familiar with Tabata Style it usually encompasses 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. In this workout you will do just that. 20 Seconds of each exercise and 10 seconds off before moving onto the next one. Aim to complete all exercises 6 to 8 times through.
- Set of dumbbells (Medium Weight)
- Exercise Mat
- Squat Hops – With your feet shoulder width apart lower into a squat. Stay in the squat the whole exercise while performing small jumps of the ground.
- Pistol Squats: Keep one leg directly under your hip while bringing the other leg slightly in front. Slowly bend the leg under the hip into a squat while your other leg comes straight out in front of you. It is helpful to have a chair under you for this one! I suggest if you are newer to pistol squats you perform this without weights.
- In Out Squats – Perform a narrow squat and hop out to perform a normal squat and so on.
- Reverse Lunges: Complete this such as a normal lunge but instead of stepping forward step backwards. You can use weights for this one or opt to not.
- Frog Burpees: Performed such as a half burpee except instead of exploding into a jump come into a low squat.
- Curtsy Lunges: Similar to the Reverse Lunge except instead of taking your leg directly behind you, take it behind your other leg such as you are performing a Curtsy! This is another one that you can choose to use weights or not.
- Squat Jacks: Performed such as a jumping jack expect when you bring your legs out go into a squat position.
- One Leg Dead lift – Hold the weights by your side and keeping your back straight hinge forward while raising one leg straight back then lower back down.