Welcome to Day 1 of the 2018 12 Days of Christmas Workout Series. I have planned out 12 days of unique workouts with most of them being able to be completed at home with little to no equipment!
Each workout will correlate with the Christmas Day, but you really can do these workouts anytime throughout the year!
For Day 1 , the workout is a One Dumbbell Full Body Workout that can be done at the gym or at home!
The workout has 2 rounds with 4 exercises per round. Each exercise is completed for 30 seconds before moving on to the next, and each round is completed 4 times before moving to the next round.
One Dumbbell Full Body At Home Workout
- Exercise Mat (Optional)
- One Dumbbell of Medium to Heavy Weight
- Triceps Extensions – Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Gripping the dumbbell vertically at the head with both hands lift it over and behind your head. Bring your elbows in near your ears and slowly lower your arms up and down.
- Weighted Jacks – Hold the dumbbell horizontally at chest level. As you begin your jumping jack and your legs go out, lift the weight above your head and bring it back down as your legs come in.
- Plank Weight Pulls – Take a plank position on your hands and place the weight by one of your hands. Keeping your hips square reach across with your opposite hand to pull the weight to the opposite side. Continue to pull the weight back and forth.
- Sumo Squat – Take a wide stance with your legs and point your toes outward. Hold the weight between your legs vertically as you bends your knees, engaging your chest and keeping your knees behind your toes and come back up to standing.
- Donkey Kick- On all fours place your knees directly under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Keep your head in neutral and back flat. Bend your knee and place the weight directly behind your knee. Keeping your knee bent, lift your leg up and back down.
- Lunge with Rotation – Hold the weight horizontally at your chest. Keeping your back straight and chest engaged, step one foot forward into a lunge. Ensure your knee stays behind your toe. While in the lunge, twist your torso to one side and then turn back square with your hips and push back to standing. Switch legs.
- Weighted High Knees – Hold the weight horizontally at the chest and perform high knees.
- Russian Twist – Seated, slightly bend your knees and lift them off the ground. Hold the weight horizontally, slightly below your chest and twist from side to side.
There you have it! 16 minutes later you have a full body workout that can be done at home or the gym with just one dumbbell! Hope you enjoy this workout!
*Disclaimer: I am not a certified Health Professional. These are the exercises I perform; however, it does not mean that they are right for you.